Thunderstorms can strike in any location, at any time.
As spring rolls into summer, it’s time for IT facility managers to prepare for the annual peak of severe weather season, or “power season.”
What is Power Season?
Power season refers to the period of months in the year when extreme thunderstorms are more prevalent. One of the main causes of catastrophic loss in the U.S., severe storms produce damaging conditions such as strong winds, flooding, lightning, and tornadoes.
The season is also marked by a higher demand for power as operational facilities and residential buildings use more air conditioning. Heavy demand puts a strain on critical equipment and often leads to power problems.
Common Power Anomalies
The following power anomalies commonly occur during power season:
- Power surges – a temporary voltage increase (over 110 percent)
- Brownouts – a short-term voltage deficiency
- Blackouts – a long-term loss of power
Beyond the inconvenience of an outage, each anomaly poses a major threat, causing incremental circuit damage, data corruption, and even operational failure.
Don’t Risk Downtime During Power Season
A reliable uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system will ensure your equipment is protected throughout power season and keep you powered during sudden outages.
At PowerIT, our expert engineers will work with you to determine which UPS system is right for your business. We provide systems for all types of businesses, from home office environments to hospitals:
- Online UPS – The safest system option, an Online UPS completely safeguards your equipment and ensures full power in the event of a power outage.
- Interactive UPS – An economical choice for any non-critical equipment, an Interactive UPS offers up to 80 percent protection from most power anomalies.
- Offline UPS – The simplest form of an uninterruptible power supply system, Offline UPSs are also known as standby power sources, and provide less than 40 percent of total power protection.
No matter the size of your organization, facility uptime, customer service, and business reputation each depend on your ability to weather a storm. This power season, partner with PowerIT to select a UPS system that protects your equipment during severe weather events.
Reach out to us today to find out more, or call PowerIT at 914-263-7351.
Liebert® GXT4™ Series
The Liebert® GXT4 is a true online UPS that delivers continuous, high-quality AC power to connected equipment with no interruption when transferring to battery. It provides protection from blackouts, brownouts, sags, surges and noise interference.